Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Desert Bighorn at Zion's

I loved this picture Jason took when they went to Zion's Canyon through the tunnels. This picture is for the men that happen by as they do love wild life.

ZION'S CANYON

When my kids were little,
you could still stop inside the
tunnel, park, and feed
the overweight squirrels.
Now you drive straight through.
But the Canyon still exists
in all it's wild beauty.
The Great White Throne is
amazing in its size and majesty.
Angel Landing Trail
took another life
over the holidays.
There is always danger
when climbing such heights,
walking on the edge of
high peaks.
Mala just went to Emerald
Trail..a safe and beautiful
walk for kids.
Deer are company
at Zion's Canyon.
Everyone tells you to
watch for Desert Bighorn...
like these...
so seldom seen...
standing on the edge of cliffs.

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful picture Jason was able to snag. I'll bet he could sell that one to a mag somewhere. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos like this take me for a brief visit to beautiful southern Utah, always hallowed in my memory as one of the beautiful places on earth. And I thought this poem very nice, but did you mean to say took another life or caused another death? When wild life and fantastic scenery can be caught in photo like this, that is a photographer's moment. Tell Jason he was to the right place at the right time and was mighty quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking. Those sheep look like they were lined up just waiting for their picture to be snapped, so they could get on the move again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They stopped for the picture and then was down the hill and straight up the other side which he didn't expect. A lost climbing picture.
    I did mean life, not death, Gerry. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was disappointed that the picture of the bighorn sheep didn't post on my page for some reason. I love Zion Canyon too. I think the weeping rock is amazing and the kids like it too.

    ReplyDelete