Monday, June 28, 2010

Seer by the Sea

I so enjoyed Linda's new poetry book
published in San Francisco.
She creates images of the sea
living close to it, seeing it
smelling it, feeling it, daily.
I have been writing my blog in
sort of a lame poetic style as I
dash off this thought, that.
Do I think I am writing great poetry? NO.
Do I think I will become well-known? NO.
Do I think my images will catch someone's
mind and stand against time? NO.
Am I having fun? YES!
I am learning to catch a thought, an image,
a line on the go.
I do appreciate Linda's more careful
work to find the right line.
But I am enjoying dashing off this ditty
about my poor poetry and her better lines.
Neither of us are quite on par with Bukowski
who turned a poem to magic.
Each poet's words
catch the spark of who he is
What more can one ask?
Linda's poems in Seer by the Sea
captures her life by the ocean today.
All the poems roll together in
one book, one time..one poet.
I loved the work done
and will read again
Seer by the Sea by Linda King.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog post. Linda should appreciate this. The poetry book cover looks very good on the Internet. Think you have said it all about waxing poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you kind remarks on my book. I think you are right in what you said...not enough of the seer. It's there but more hidden. I enjoy all of you informational poetry about everything from family, friends, events, etc.

    ReplyDelete