Monday, August 17, 2009

QUEST

Lulinda came on a quest
from the sea side at SF
to the mountain King's Pasture
to replenish her spiritual soul.
I joined her when she came by...

She traveled the earth...
long, hot, hours through
the Nevada desert..
The changing redrock colors
of homeland Utah,
to the quakies and pine
on mountaintop.
I joined her there.

We sat by the fire
growing calm with the flickering
glow of embers and the past,
although warned of
forest fire in the dry grasses
by my always aware
mate and drenched it
when we felt renewed by the glow.

Forest fire smoke filled the
valleys between here and there.
Visibility clouded, but morning
brought a blue, blue sky
and clean, fresh, pine soaked air.
We breathed and breathed
soaking sun.

I dreamed that LuLinda should
put her hands in the mountain
spring's cold, cold water.
Her hands are numb.
She dreamed she should put them in
the salty Pacific.
We dreamed
and drank the fresh, spring water.

Earth, Fire, Water, Air
We embraced the moment
Lulinda dedicated her land
to the great spirit of all.
So others could come, renew
in this same way back.
To know we are part
of it all...

1 comment:

  1. I do not know who this mountain person is as it does not look like Linda but maybe it is, anyway the photo does go very well with this poem. I know the magic of Kings Pasture. How many times have I felt going to the mountain was a spiritual quest and felt renewed when I came back down. Sister Gerry

    ReplyDelete