Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VISTA

In the distance is the
Henry Mountains,
in between
the canyons and
rugged sandstone ledges
that cut through
the land from the
Escalante Rocks.

It's a view that
staggers the mind
stretches the eye
beyond and beyond
to cover the eras
when wind and water
cut through time
and earth.

I am a speck upon the land,
a living speck.
strong and real
part of it all.
The wind makes and takes
my breath.
I make my way
along with a million
others here on earth.

My life is mine.
Vistas open before me
and I choose
what way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning photo. I am sure enjoying your photos. I hope others are, too, even if they don't comment. To start with commenting is a hassle but I believe in it to register interest. I also enjoy your poems. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this picture and the poem. I too have felt like a tiny speck while looking over the vastneess of the canyonlands . Boulder of course is the heart of it all.

    Your redman poems with the paintingd on the ledge made me think of the many surprises one finds when exploring in the Anasazi territory. One can only dream what their lives were like. Aren't we lucky to live in an age where we can enjoy it all without the hardships?

    ReplyDelete