Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Old Folk

Aunt Nethella (above) wrote up the
history of Vern Lyman...where
I got all these pages on the
Lymans, I'll never know.
I have been running it off for
Rolain's family and retyping
unreadable script. They probably
have it already, but I couldn't seem
to throw it all away. Tom's great
aunt Rosanna Lyman was the mother
to all those Lymans in Boulder.
My great-aunt Ellen King was
also a mother to Lymans.
I ran into three Amasa Lymans
but none Aunt Ellen's husband
belonged too...he came from yet
another Amasa Lyman.
How did those Lymans keep these
Amasa's straight? There are
generations of Amasa Lymans
and wives of the same Amasa who
had Amasa Lymans...couldn't anyone
think of another name?
All I could think of was the Amasa Lyman
who built a coffin for his wife may
while she hand-covered twenty-five
white satin buttons to go on the
white satin burial dress
she made herself AND
lined the pine coffin.
but, the Lymans are here
for Rolain to give to her
Lyman kids and grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment