Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hogsback Heritage Project

I am returning to Boulder
with it's ripgut fences,
and ripgut memories
amid new faces
ready to write.

The writing conference,
Boulder Cliff Notes
Words and Place,
writing that will
stir angry protest
and unstated rebellion
of past years,
yet love for place
and people.

I want to resolve conflict
reach beyond the past
into the future...
Lay to rest those
haunting feelings
and walled pride.

Laugh with others
that love Boulder.
Let love survive
and be strong.
Going beyond the rest...

I'll write. I'll think.
I'll plan and let
the miracles come.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. I'm quite jealous of all who get to attend Cliff Notes. It sounds so fun and a lot things in Boulder inspire one to write. I found the ripgut fences very inteesting, and was glad that LeFair kept his. He showed me how much work they are to put together. The first person to build one had to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are going to love this writing conference. I am glad you are able to go. Have a good time for me, too. Nice photo. Posting my play Red and Dandy has brought back the memories, even a haunting or two. That country put its mark on both of us. Gerry

    ReplyDelete