Monday, January 18, 2010

Doves

I thought a picture of Doves would brighten
a winter scene, outside my door.
The Robin stayed this winter
I need to catch a picture.
My generation is older,
We look outside
hoping for spring.
Tom's leg swells and he limps around.
My bones feel frozen so I swim
to keep them moving.
I worry about those creaking bones
closing up permanately.
I think my spirit is impatient
with such non-working parts and
want to push out expanding my borders
while I worry...
Knowing the freedom I wonder about,
My spirit escapes at times and
soars and dips in wonder.
But wait! I am not quite ready
I will hold off a bit more
get more creaky and unsteady
and hold on to this amazing world.
I will exercise a bit more.
A storm is supposedly brewing today,
but only a few flakes fall.
They are light, wispy, and lovely.
I expand as they fall
and love the spot I am in.
I love this lovely spot.

1 comment:

  1. Think this describes our thinking well when we are older and our joints are becoming stiff and we are contemplating how long older bodies can be serviceable so that life is tolerable. Don't know. Hope Tom's leg does not worsen atleast until after his doctor returns from vacation! What things we wish for when older!

    ReplyDelete