Sunday, January 3, 2010

THE FISH - LaRae

I am passing this modern fish on
to Steve and Colby,
the real fishermen.
The water broke before I could
put it up, so I have stored
it away...but it is time
to pass on the fish.
It is the year of the FISH in Boulder
they have killed off the Brook trout,
the Rainbow trout, all the odd fish
to be replaced by Colorado Cutthroat
in mountain streams.
What makes them so unique? So special?
I thought the Rainbow was King of Trout.
But no. What do I know?
I just hope the Cutthroat makes
a fisherman's dream come true!
2010 - the year of the FISH.
LaRae's fish is swimming to Boulder
with all those Fisherman's Paradise
Fish.
I hope Cheryl can put it together
or replace the water, so the fish
can swim once more!

2 comments:

  1. Nice entry Ann. Too bad the water broke. Somone will fix it. I'm betting on Steve to do the job.

    I felt sort of sad to think all the Boulder fish were being disposed of in favor of Colorado Cutthroats. It reminded me of one of Raymond's plays that I really liked,"The Fish Must Die". Such a catchy title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it had been decreed that some fish had to die to make room for others in Boulder. Cutthroat doesn't sound too good. I hope it tastes better than it sounds. But this was a pretty catchy way to send this fish on to younger fishermen.

    ReplyDelete