Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Irene's Crash Site

Do all of you easily recognize
this ledge as Irene's crash site?
The road no longer goes that way.
I wondered if I should add it
to her crash story.
Not having a road...only the
ledge showing where
without the dropoff
would it add to the story?
I am trying to think of
last minute items...what to add,
what not.
For you that don't know
my mother and Grandmother were
on their way to Escalante
to pick up a bull in the
big truck when
the brakes failed.
She said a voice told her to
'put it on the ledge'
as the dropoff on the other side
would kill them both.
She bounced off the ledge
three times then held it there
She said it moved the truck bed
back seven inches.
Grandma's head flew back
into the window and knocked her out
for a bit. Both lived and
were not injured.
Vote. Does the picture stay or go??

3 comments:

  1. I am glad something was there to stop her and the truck! I heard quite a bit about this wreck for some years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but does the picture show the scene??
    I think a dropoff is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately let it stay. After all this ledge probably saved them both from certain death. It deserves to stay. A companion could be a drop off picture if you can find one easily.

    ReplyDelete