Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympics

Hamburger for Olympics, complete with
catchup, beef, mustard, lettuce, tomato.

It's interesting to see the Olympics.
I heard on TV that Facebook calls them
the Glitch Games.
The leg of the torch did not rise.
The ice melts and freezes.
The Louve track was too fast.
People fall and are out.
I loved the opening ceremony
with all the tribes from four ways.
in spite of glitches.
What amazes me is how many come
from all the countries,
some I've never heard the name before.
Who is dominant.
Who rises. Who falls.
I personally loved the Italian skater
in the short men's figure skating
and his particular dash.
The older hero doesn't often win,
but who can beat the Russian doing
quad spins?
I felt sorry for Linsey Jacobellis
when she fell and was out of contention,
but was pleased when Bodi Miller got bronze.
I was amazed at that half pipe Shawn White
built to go out in the mountains
(by helicopter) to practice.
The curling is something else.
Where can you go just to try curling?
I'd like to try that.
The Olympics go on..
I just thought I'd add
my impressions just like
a reporter on site!

2 comments:

  1. I finally got inspired enough, reading your Olympics poem, to watch the Olympics last night, so thought I needed to come by and tell you. Loved the illustration, too, of grandson watching. I got to see Shaun's performance and the Australian girl's who won the gold in snow boarding. I fell asleep and missed the Russian figure skater. Thought he won but now I wake up this morning and find out he didn't. Wha happened? Guess I will have to watch some more. They re better than most nightly TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was very happy for Lindsay Vaughn,winning the gold medal after all she hadd been through. I thought she showed a tremendous amount of nerve and courage. I vaguely heard she took another fall in an event after that. I hope her injury is not worse. The skaters are wonderful. Looking at all that snow makes me think of all the ordinary people who are living with tons of snow this year. I love our warm sunny dys.

    ReplyDelete