Sunday, February 14, 2010

Singing Valentine

My first in almost 50 years,
not my first Valentine..
my first singing valentine.
Open it and it sings
"I'm so happy I could shout.."
and the song is sung.
I didn't know he was so happy!
My Valentine to him reads
"Smile, It's Valentine's Day!"
A crazy cat is smiling on front.
After 50 years,
you would think I could 'read'
him better!
We listened to Susan Boyle
on Osgood this morning
and her amazing singing voice,
and hope we can find success of sorts.
We have learned to accept each other...
maybe not happy with all parts,
but allow ourselves to be who we are
and the other the same.
Enjoy the daily commute.
Accept that we have to allow
interests to grow,
and be responsible
for our own.
After 50 years
love is...
still a mystery
in the way
it can expand
and fulfill.

1 comment:

  1. A nice valentine sentiment which no doubt helped inspire my valentine video to Doc. He gave me a beautiful plant, really beautiful. It sounds like that maybe in all those trips beside each other to the doctors, etc. you have begun to find a way to enjoy your coupleship a little more!

    ReplyDelete