Sunday, February 28, 2010

Towee

Tom is feeding the birds;
robins, sparrows, chickadees,
doves,starlings, blue birds, etc.
This one was unusual.
I took a picture through the window.
If you look hard, you can see a Towee.
I found the bird in the book so you
can actually see what it looks like!
Tom spent some time looking through
the bird book to find this one.
We have two that drop in
now and then.
It's hard to get a picture of a bird.
Cheryl, does Steve take pictures?
Looks like you would post one of the
......how many? in Boulder.
I enjoy seeing the birds,
but it's Tom who tries to find
their exact name.

5 comments:

  1. Gerry called and said I didn't have a good picture here..a spot of red, but I took six others that didn't even have a bird of any sorts in it. I kept missing it altogether. A bad picture works! Sorry you can't see what the bird looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want you to know what the bird looks like...from the bird book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I don't know how these blogger photographers catch their birds in photos. If I find out I will let you know. These at the WHo are too fast for me also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been feeding Ravens at the beach. They seem to be quite hungry. They have been taking in Peliguins of some sort that are starving. They says the sea has been so rough that they think they have not been able to fed by catching fish. Maybe all of the snow has made bird food in short supply up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best way to get a good bird photo is to find one on the internet that someone else took with a really great camera and high powered lense. They are great to look at. I'm figuring out the common ones that show up consistently. So did Uncle Tom find a bird book?

    ReplyDelete