Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring in St. Geoge

I was pleased to see
Spring in St. George
even though I returned to
Panguitch in a blizzard!
Spring makes us restless,
wanting to get outside,
plant something.
Tom was sent 200 onion sprouts
that he wants to get into the ground.
The dogs can tear around on the
lawn without shivering and
getting ice crystal toes.
(Except Lola still whines
and shivers, would rather
do her job inside a warm
house!)
Rolain stopped by with
danger of death on her arms
and face, but says she will
buy flowers and plant for
spring.
Kids play soccer.
Kids run outside to jump
on the tramp.
Kids love spring.
And so do I!

2 comments:

  1. Is this Mala's house? I am pleased to see signs of the Palo Verdes in bloom here. I would take a walk and photograph but must tend my beef barley soup. Anyway your pink tree will soon be in glorious bloom although later. And you can plant and weed and hoe to your hearts content or Tom's. I am content with inside plants, mums for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo and a lovely tribute to Springtime. We are there in Phoenix. I planted more flowers today, but have many beautiful beds flowering.

    I always thought St. George was an enchanted land in spring time. so good tho feel the warm air and smell the fragrance of flowers before returning to the frozen north part of the state. When you get the urge to plant you can only move a little snow around, as Cheryl says.

    ReplyDelete