Friday, March 5, 2010

Against Abortion

I thought I'd add my voice to those protesting abortion, protesting paying for abortion and hope we can stop that inclusion in
the health care bill. President Obama is determined to get health care through no matter what is necessary. He was ready to make certain concessions to try to get the Republican Vote (abortion out) and the Democrats that are pro-choice wouldn't sign..so now he is back to pushing it through without a Republican vote, including paying for abortion. I sent an e-mail to Bob Bennett asking where it is best to protest in Utah since I couldn't get on to the website Gerry published (Daughters of the Shadowmen). What can we do to stop this bill?

4 comments:

  1. I sent you a link to the website that does work because I tried it, and it is a large website that will give you representatives names and where you can register protests, etc. Thanks for adding your voice to those protesting abortion funding in health care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt all along that Obama is pro life, deep in his heart. He is in a difficult spot, as we do need health care reform. I was glad to know he was willing to give up the funding for abortion. Perhaps they will end up piecing something together without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to have all the Democrats on board, he will fund it all the way. Amazing how few Democrats have all the say! You'd think there would be more Democrats willing to speak up.
    I think he wants to pass Healthcare more than he wants to give it up. Whatever it takes...funding, no funding. I think he is pro-choice but was willing to go another way if that's what it takes to pass Healthcare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still don't get how this is an issue with the Health Care bill when the rules already say that you can't use federal funding for an abortion. I think it is just another way to try and derail the Health Care Bill.

    ReplyDelete