Thursday, March 25, 2010

STUNNED

I am stunned by this book by Sharon
I so admire her determination to
bring out the truth of her life
and how her molestation affected her
in so many ways.
She analyzes so well the many aspects
of her family that caused such distress
to her life, her clinging to what was
right and true in spite of near death
and many disasters.
How poor, how frail
and yet having the courage of truth
no matter how many wanted it covered.
I can only imagine the hope she gives
to other victims...
or the fear she might bring to molesters
the world over, wondering if their
truth will be told.
I have not read your poems, Sharon,
but I will. Through your brilliant
analysis of your family, we can see
the flaws in our own. I think this is a
book written for love and in anquish
for a lifetime of fear and pain.
I admire it and you so.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a strong tribute to a writer who must have suffered a good deal to write this harrowing account of her childhood and chronic sexual abuse by her father. Linda said in her e-mail and phone call she has since talked to Sharon Doubriago and told her about my review. I went to the Amazon site and read a number of reviews all 5 stars of this book, so I think everyone who is reading it is recognizing her courage and accomplishment despite what was done to her.

    ReplyDelete