Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dance Review

I spent all day at a dancing review
watching preschool to 9th grade
performing and performing in
a endless array of costumes and
dancing sprites.
I enjoyed it all..
mothers hoovering near,
fixing hair, smoothing nerves
as kids hoped they could do it right.
How good it is to see girls of all
shapes and sizes having so much fun
with dance. Dancing can be a
lifelong joy to many, to all,
to anyone that just wants to
shake it! There was just one boy...
and I wondered at the split of
interests where dad's go to see
their boys play basketball, baseball
wrestling, and football...man sports,
but do not want to see them dance.
Girls love to dance with men they love,
and are baffled why the love for it
isn't there. I know why..watching
all the dancing little girls.
Loving to twirl and glide.
No boys are there enjoying it too.
A sissy sport for men, real men.
It's hard to keep them dancing!

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture and nice poem. I think it is too bad boys aren't encouraged to dance. I think about when I met Lefair and he didn't dance. I told him him he HAD to dance, and look how much enjoyment he has got from it. He is still dancing at 84. I wish my boys had taken to it. I still remember you and Tom looking joyful as you did your very energetic dancing.

    Karin's little girl,(Terry's x) is a great devoted little daner and she is long limbed and looks great with her twirls and dips. They have bought her beautiful costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the day! But the younger dancers all look very dedicated, especially Alicia. It will be interesting to see where dancing takes her and those two younger ones will probably always be doing something active with their parents and Grandma Ann supporting them so well!

    ReplyDelete