Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Winter work


We have worked, off and on, some months
a year or so and finally finished six
blocks for Meadow that needed to be put
together in a quilt. Addie can't locate hers
as it is part of moving out of the bedroom
to redo. When bored we can sew, do
puzzles, play games...Drew beat me in
chess the other day when I helped him.
Painting...everyone likes painting.
They are all trying to be as good as
their dad. Their mom makes quilts with
tiny little blocks that takes time
and effort. I never do one them so small,
so I expect one day they will sew well.
All the grandkids seem to get some
notice on their drawings. I love
to look at them. Garret's book of
superheroes he's drawn are interesting..
and Hunter's Peacock was tagged.
I put that one up..I had to send it back.
The kids love to get out the rags and
make clothes for dolls, blankets or
cloth art. I don't know how many pillows
have been made (they're fun to stuff!).
Being bored is not an option!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely photo of the little seamstress at work! With a beautiful quilt to show for it. I must say you are are good at thinking up stuff for those grandkids to do! I remember Grandma making rag rugs when she was tending us but we only got to help cut out cookies. Too young I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Grandma!! Once more you are the champ. And to think I have thought about being bored myself, trying to think up things to do when I tended. I wanted to READ. It was easier to take them to a park where they could entertain themselves while I read my book,(selfish me.) You are building better memories and have the goods to prove it. Tearing rug rags, rolling them into balls and then crocheting round rugs is fun. Have you done that? Now it is Spring they can run and jump but maybe a new project for next cold Panquitch winter.

    ReplyDelete