Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sinawava Falls at Zion's


Ella Bybee claims the man (yellow shirt) and
girl (plaid) are her and her husband
captured on their honeymoon at Zion's Canyon.
I thought this a spectacular postcard.
She claims she is on two other postcards
she saves. Very unusual for somone to
end up on three postcards! The other two
are at Salt Aire and Hoover Dam, but
what do I know? I am on my way to do
my oral history today and thought you'd
love seening an old postcard of the falls.
I don't think I've been to these falls
at Zion's Canyon..I'd like too and walk
the Brite Angel Trail. Two older people
have fallen to their deaths in the last year
from that trail, so it would be wise for me
to look at the falls from the bottom.
I find it interesting that so many local
people see the parks on their honeymoon,
especially in days gone by. But...
they still do and it is so beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found out how to continue photos as some of these photos are really beautiful like this one. I wonder if that is the couple? Doesn't matter, it is still a nice photo. No, I would rather not see you walking a dangerous trail now days. You better stay home with Tom and act your age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This falls is only there in the spring,
    according to some. Ella even knows the names of the other people, except the couple in this photo are strangers!

    ReplyDelete