Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dave Mac


I spent my day at the funeral for Dave yesterday. He was a year younger than my sister Linda. He ran with my husband's yungest brother Tony, who died suddenly of a heart attack just like Dave. All of the old buddies came. Stubby was there and talked about making saddles. Marvin was there although his wife has been very ill. Dave seemed too young...the youngest boy in his family.
The older brothers are still around. I didn't know that Dave was into having mules.
I know he had and rode horses all his life. The family loved racing horses.
But Dave's favorite was mules. He probably knew Reta's boy Russel...Prell loved mules. Dave did too. I enjoyed seeing his children and hearing what they had to say about Dave. Funerals remind that we all are closer to that day.

2 comments:

  1. I was sorry to hear about Dave's death. He was always in the crowd when we went on dates, went to dances and parties in Escalante. Yoland will be sad. Our class of 58 always had our reunions with that class of 57 as they were with us so much. My best girlfriend Rae Wilson dated him and when I stayed with her he was always around. Goodbye Dave...you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He went a little early into the night. I am sure that will cause feelings of greater sorrow and loss, but he may have just been a natural short timer. I think some people are. Finish up sooner than others.

    ReplyDelete