Thursday, July 29, 2010

Linda, you are underpaid!



This is the new quilt walk bronze statue
going up next to the bank in Panguitch.
$65,000 we paid.
The man throwing the quilt
is also standing on a bronze quilt.
I was told something about each of the
seven men who did the quilt walk
is included on the one man statue.
Interesting sculpture representing
our quilt walk...I'm sure the cost of
the bronze is impressive...but Linda,
I am sure you are not getting your just
due for the sculptures you made and are
making. The artist here may be a cousin
a Johnson who lives in Parowan.
He also did that bronze ram in front
of Parowan High School that I posted before.
The genes are right. Only the money for you
is lacking.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad somebody gets paid for their work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that Linda deserves more. Her talent is big. However it must be daunting to tackle a sculpture this large. Kudos to the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful sculpture. I am happy for anyone who can get a lifesize sculpture somewhere. It will make the town own Panguitch more beautiful. I told my cuz in Mesa that I might consider becoming a Mormon again if they would let me sculpture some lifesized sculpture for their temples. He is working on a big one for the San Diego temple.

    ReplyDelete