Sunday, September 12, 2010

In bloom


All the plants around the house are blooming...
just before they are frozen and are gone for the year.
I am happy to report that all my kids and grandkids are
safely back to their various homes...so I thought I'd feature
my plants when best dressed.
The lillies are gone, frozen.
The Russian Sage and Black-eyed Susans thrive.
I am 'resting' a bit from the come and go of Jason's family,
the funeral, tending dogs, everyone on an emotional rollercoaster.
Jason is going back to contacting people with job offers...
Jessica to her actual job.
The kids back to school and, I think, basically interested
in all the different happenings in their lives.
They'll be little Texans within a year.
Garret and Lynne got home and I had a great day at Volleyball games.
The family finished a shed for Lillian for her Birthday.
I will look forward to when anyone can come or I can go.
And maybe get to Boulder and get this book finished.

3 comments:

  1. I see that things are going relatively well considering there was a sad funeral. Now it is back to living the best everyone can and get hunkered down for winter! Maybe you can travel to warmer climes this winter with no grand kids to hold you in Panguitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Ann, I always feel a twinge of guilt when I read the comments you leave me, guilt because I am often so self absorbed in my own world and getting the writing done that I often fail at acknowledging the influence and the support I find from so many. You have faithfully followed my life in so many ways. For some reason, your comment this morning caused me to let out a big sob, maybe because like you know with teaching, you wait for the golden opportunity to say or 'teach' in that moment what will change a life, or more practically, its course. Your comment this morning made me at least 'feel' as though I did have a gift. It so difficult in life to land in a place where we can finally hear something that has been said over and over. Even though most of my life has been lived right on the edge of one thing or another, it does enable me to see things that are sometimes unusual. I sometimes wonder of the cost, however. There is never a certainty about this ole' live, though, and as a funeral reminds, we must live while we are here. Thank you Aunt Ann, for your support and your teaching gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plantings all look lush and happy to enjoy their finale of summer.It always feels somewhat sad to see them go with frosts of winter.

    A part of my dream (which I put in family site) i forgot to tell you was about your garden. I wanted two cucumbers and two Zicnni. when we went to the garden to get them you had very straight rows and each was so covered with produce you could hardly see vines. You told me I couldn't leave until I tasted Tom's invention of cooked cucumber soup, made with cream. I took a taste and it was not bad. Strangely different but not bad. The straight rows seemed to be the important part of this segment of the dream. They were so productive.

    ReplyDelete