Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Work



I started this quilt to teach
Meadow and Addison how to embroider.
I worked on it while watching tv.
We all had a package of six blocks.
when I realized that my blocks
were supposed to be sewed onto other blocks.
Could I stand to do that? I kept on..
We finished Addison's quilt. (pink)
We finished Meadow's quilt. (purple)
Mine? GREW. Until I had enough..
But, I'd have to QUILT the whole thing.
I do not believe in quilting...I tie.
Where were the Relief Society Ladies?
Oh, I quit church.
I planned to use Jessica and family..
but she moved. I put it on the frames.
I raised the quilt to one side
holding it agaist the wall with the couch
when I needed some room. I needed it
often. Tom went to the hospital.
It was there when we returned.
He cussed about trying to get around it.
Finally! Finished! After two months.
And who came visiting?
The Relief Society ladies...
President and counselors.
I don't even know why.
I was finished quilting.
I could have said...of course I need help!
I guess I'll keep this quilt
to remind me that I never want to quilt again.
EVER!

2 comments:

  1. My gosh, the quilts are all beautiful.Who would have thought you were doing all that too. You are indeed a formidable worker.Take your green quilt to the quilt walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like 'work' all right. Even down to the quilting. Nobody in the family will ever surpass your quilting record not in our generation. Now Great Grandma Porter was another story. Only please don't try to match her! You might settle for less. But love looking at your latest!

    ReplyDelete