Saturday, September 25, 2010

Seven Arrows

This book is The People telling stories...about the Medicine Wheel, the Sun Dance, Seven Arrows and so much more. I do not know, exactly, what the stories are talking about, but many lessons are given. I was amazed by the many colors and designs of the Medicine Wheels and Shields. Each person discovers who they are and the name is put on the shield. Women learn about plants and the medicine wheel as well as childbirth, raising children, and their connection to men and the earth. I was fascinated by the stories, the pictures, the drawings..the information given in the book. I think we could all learn more about our connections to the earth, the stars, the animals and the four directions they live. I think this book is of great value...and I wish I understood the stories better. I can only learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I saw on FB Ronda is ready to order your book. I better tell her I will send her Women. I am saving it for her. I don't dare tell her if she would read our blogs she would know what was happening and not have to be told separately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce Evans and I walked all the way up Boynton canyon and then climbed the ledge to see the famous medicine wheel of Sedona. It's in lovely spot and we lingered for a while and ate lunch sitting on the white sand rock. Even that looks neat and unusual, white among all the red canyons. LaRae and I started up the trail when we visited when she thought her cancer was cured. We got tired and turned back We thought up silly stuff to say to the ancient ones, and thanked them for the medicine wheel. It was made by white men of course but still--it was the ancient one's idea. Wish LaRae could have seen the wheel. Perhaps she sees it now.

    ReplyDelete