Sunday, October 31, 2010

Neglect


I have neglected my poor blog as I've been going in many directions.
My grand-daughter has had a strange constant pain that finally is
diminishing yesterday. She has an appoinment with a internalist to
find out the cause in the coming week. I am thinking about her.

Tom's cousin from his great Aunt Minerva (Nerve)who married John Wesley Norton sent a package of papers that she got from Nauvoo church records of land, baptismals, temple meetings proving that John Reynolds was John Wesley Reynolds and his parents were James Elisha and Elizabeth Anderson Reynolds. The connections all work. I am impressed with the computer savey of Luann. She is also so into Panguitch and is from the Riley Reynolds Norton and Olive Rachael Lee connection. Her mother was a miller and part Cameron. Coopers. Myers. That girl is related to everyone who stuck around Panguitch. Aunt Nerve and John spent their lives here too. Luann and I are checking out the John D. connection. And since Dave Lee is also from Granddaddy (great-great) John D., I discovered his line is John D. and Aggatha. But Harvey Parely, who owned the land Dave lived on, is from Caroline and John D. So how this other family line managed to end up with the land might be another story. Or they might have lived all together in the same house, who knows? Anyway Luann is all into the Lee's, Coopers, Camerons, Millers, and Reynolds. Interested in everyone. She sent some rare photos of a gathering at
the old Stake House. Steve had never seen it. He is trying to find names. I am very interested in the data gathered.

I have been to the care center several times. Parley Pratt from Escalante and Jack Gleave from Piute talk and talk. Parley has a rare wit. He says of his first wife, "I couldn't catch up with her close enough to have a kid." I think he was married a year. Jack's first wife died in childbirth and he says he missed her every day the rest of his life. They pass on information about the sheepherd...oh did you know they herded 1000 sheep down main street in Cedar a few days ago?
Livestock Days?, the old mining days, the hard work of ditch building, the sheep herd, and other such information.

My brother-in-law Floyd is not doing so well. He is 90. My brother-in-law on Tom's side will be 90 this Feb. He rides daily on his ATV. They try to tell people where they are going..his wife is 81 or so...in case they wreck, we can find them. I seem to be endlessly collecting bits of history.

The Volleyball team from Panguitch took their 3rd in a row state tournament yesterday. The sirens of police and fireengines were out to welcome them home.

And Hallooween is today. We had a few spooks come by. Tom's friend Mark Orton was a huge big spook. He made us laugh.Opps! I meant the picture to go at the end.
It is last year's photo...Meadow, Drew, Wyatt, Katelin put there for Halloween! Oh well. My blog for today is finished.

1 comment:

  1. A little catching up on everything once in a while always seems necessary in blogging, otherwise you just don't know where you are at! Enjoyed the news. That Glade and Darlene are having fun and adventure, too, even if he is 90! She is keeping right up with him. HOw could you not be into the study of ancestors and live in Utah?

    ReplyDelete