Tuesday, November 9, 2010

bear roots


This painting is by J. H.Hutchingson
who lives in Escalante.
I am endlessly fascinated by the creations of
artists and what they chose to make,
like the teapots I viewed yesterday.
My sister Linda just had a open house in
San Francisco displaying her two finished
sculptures of Neely and Farlengetti.
I thought to display something of hers, but
decided to wait to hear more about it
from her. And then I will post something.
I do have a painting and a sculpture of Old Mama,
Thompson Ledge, and an old one of Dad on a horse.
I do want to hear how the poetry readings went
and how people viewed her work. Her sculptures are good.
Always interesting who she decides to do next.
She is the poorest sculptress I know, as she
does exactly what she wants and then hardly makes
a cent. Her computer isn't hooked up.
Her daughter's computer is down.
Scott? Where is Scott? That's her son,
and does carry around a computer. I will wait
a bit. In the meantime enjoy these odd roots.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is quite amazing what artists will draw and paint. Bear roots must be unique, maybe that is why he drew them.

    ReplyDelete