Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cyber-Monday

I am still not the best out there on the internet.
My buying skill is better than my finding skill.
I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for
no matter how much detail I add. I do think of myself
at times, dumb as a post...as my dad used to say.
So all those out there spending millions seem to know
their way around cyper-land better than I. I'm the
grandma that signs lol thinking it means lots of love.
What the hell does it mean? I forgot.
I'm also the grandma that finds one letter words is
a way to get out of spelling, a way NOT to think.
But I do love those one-line interchanges of friends
and family that are nothing but funny.
So on Cyber-Monday I'm aware of my meager internet knowledge,
my lack of speed in traveling through cyber-space,
my endless curiosity and endless information out there to
satisfy it, if only I can find just the right word
to find just the right bit I'm looking for.
I hooked up my new printer, a little shakey by the time
I'd followed all programmed instructions, hoping I'd done
it right and the thing works.
And laughed when my husband came in with his new battery
charger saying, "You can't just turn it on anymore and
have it work...it's a damn computer!" Will everything
turn into a computer? Thank God our pre-school kids
are computer savvy, or what would they do?
It's us old ones that are brain dead.
I'm hoping to look ahead for a better day
next Cyber-Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am often in the same fix and it does take me longer to find stuff than it probably does your average computer whiz 9 years old. But we still tackle the Cyber worlds and prepare to be aggravated, oh no, what happened 17 passwords later, am I going to have to create still another one? No wonder Margie gets mired down in password city. But if your new printer works after your laborious installation, you have triumphed over all! I am so pleased to think I can get my scanner working. All is well.

    ReplyDelete