Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lighting Ceremony


My granddaughter sang a solo "O Come All Ye Faithful"
at the lighting ceremony at the St. George Temple.
It was hauntingly beautiful. I was so touched.
So many came, all with children of all ages,
braving the unusual cold.
And I thought of the terrorist caught
trying to blow up the families in Seattle
at the tree lighting ceremony there.
The FBI were undercover and worked with
this guy who thought he was setting off a bomb.
All parts were in place, the truck, the fuel,
and the caps, fake, so they could take this guy
into custody. If he wasn't caught what could be..
whole families being blown away
while at a tree lighting ceremony.
I blessed homeland security.
as I watched the colored lights appear all around
in a dance of color and the children "oooooo"
in appreciation. A wonder of delight.
My family is safe.

1 comment: