Saturday, April 30, 2011

Night of Dance

Perfect name of a night of dancing. So many designs of motion.
Surprising how many images can be made in an evening.
More than I could imagine. Alica, my grandaughter was in eight
numbers, poetry in motion. She did a tap dance number.
I had no idea that she tap-danced. I was surprised.
Her cousin-aunt Annie yelled "ALICIA!" after each number
she was in. Soon the smile appeared.
Grandmothers just love to see their grandkids perform,
It's in the Grandma Code. That's what kids do, perform.
We just sit back and enjoy. That's what we Grandma's do.
It's part of the fun.
Yesterday I watched Logan play clarinet in the
school band. The middle-school band wasn't perfect,
but my grandaughter was. That's the Grandma code.
We just know that one is perfect.
I enjoyed Garret awhile back with his elementary choir.
He played accompanying guitar. Well, you know. You know.
My Shayna went off with Trilogy for her Region solo competition.
I expect a superior rating. Grandma's have a tendency to brag..
so I won't go on long. I have had some good, good days
this year!

4 comments:

  1. I wished I had been there after seeing this program. I wanna see Alicia dance! All I can hope for is a video so the old Aunt in Phoenix can see your grandkids perform too! I have seen Shayna sing on video. I hope I can see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine said they are producing a video. One of the boys going back to New York choreographed a very unique dance...just fascinating. Alicia wasn't in that one, but her teacher did the end one and that was outstanding too. I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the artist poster for the event. It couldn't be better.

    ReplyDelete