Friday, April 1, 2011

Touches of grief and love


I decided not to use a funeral picture, but keep this one of Marge.
The wreath was for the casket was very beautiful.
The Boulder Cemetery was covered with weeds and thistle.
Chairs were placed on poor mama's grave.
Marge was placed just down from her first husband.
Just up from her daughter Carmen. Perfect placing, I thought
in the available room. Boulder hills circled.
Floyd's children and grandkids come, wondering, I'm sure,
why she would want dirt and weeds to lawn in Santa Clara.
She came home.

Her family gathered - happy to have her be part of them once more.
Wishing they could have had another day, another visit.
They can all visit when they come to Boulder.
LaRae's kids and grandkids came, as did mine, Linda's, and Gerry's.
Gerry could not come..we missed her and the others who didn't come
.

Scott Burns flew in from Washington D.C.
carried a bouquet of red roses from J.Harlan Burns, deceased.
Said his father made him come, and so surprised the family.
Marge loved Joe some 50 years. She met him as a young nurse
after he fell down the mine shaft and became paralyzed.

Floyd's lawyer gave Marge a nice tribute on her care for Floyd
during Floyd's furneral.
Marge's grandkids gave glowing tributes to both she and Floyd.

Max drove from Phoenix, Claudia from St. George, Gary and Carolyn
and family from Las Vegas, Renae got caught in a blizzard so didn't
make the plane...so nice for them to come.

Raymond and Baby also came from Phoenix. Raymond sang.
Cheryl made a wonderful Marge disk and I want a copy.
Pictures of Marge with Camille's songs.
Camille sang her song for her mother and it was
so beautiful. It left everyone in tears.

Bishop Lefevre conducted and said many words wrong.
He is dyslexic (trouble reading) and says he can't improve without reading!
Camille joked later that she thought she was at the wrong funeral.
His stories about knowing Marge were great.

Kate's dad came for her.

Glade and Darlene (my 90-year-old brother-in-law and wife came)
as did my friend Rolain with Sandra, Cousin Marion and her daughter
and old friend Marilla. Renon came for Raymond.
Larry and Carol and Vard and Farlan
We saw Edith (Lyman), Thresa Coombs and Loya (Lyman)came
And Marge's friends that she worked with in St. George..many.

There many touches of kindness.
Gestures of love. Of appreciation.
My sister Marge is on the other side.
My sisters Gerry and Linda are ready to be mediums
as much as they can; what she wants.
Marge stepped on and left us.
LaRae stepped on and left us.
We will learn what we can.
Before we step on.

3 comments:

  1. This is all very touching Ann. You did a great job of sharing. Thanks. It sounds like Margie's farewell party was all she could hope for it to be. Glad so many were able to make it and attempt to console the family. I like the term,'Stepping on'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have your slide show. You left before I remembered to hand them out. I'll bring it to you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The viewing of Floyd and Margie on Sunday had a line going clear out into the parking lot and it was there for three hours. Amazing so many people knew them. Bryce Gale, Floyd's racehorse trainer came to the funeral, but didn't go in...just said goodbye to Floyd. He had already lost his job with Floyd, but is still training horses at Hollywood Park and Santa Anita. I knew him from when I worked at Turf Paradise. He said they read of the deaths in the paper and were shocked...about them not being written up together and also about not being viewed in the same room.
    Margie was loved by many from her clinic. I don't think they knew about it in Boulder or it was too fast. She took care of just as many people in Escalante and Boulder as St. George. That guy from Teasdale told me she had saved his father life once.
    I told them the only story I would have told was when she was learning to drive and ran off a bride and wrecked all us kids in the little yellow Jeep and demolised a Cedar tree. She made us promise we would never tell Daddy, but I looked at that tree over and over. Daddy even commented on it once when I was with him.
    Also I remember their dog, Snapper, who knew his way back and forth to Margie and Pole's places in Escalante. He showed up for all the action at both places and at Starhall when there was a party. He didn't want to miss anything.
    Steve Suseoff, of Deer Creek, gave his condolances on FB. Robby Woolsey of Escalante came to the viewing and said his dad, Ross Woolsey had cancer and he as not going to get Kemo.
    I enjoyed staying with the joking Griffens/Palmers. I saw Geyena and her little darling and the new Jensen house.
    Thanks to my son, Scott, who drove me. I don't think I could have made it on my own. He had never been to a Mormon funeral. He joked, "I didn't now the Ences were the Mafia of St. George." (How else would they get paid so much respect??) He saw a moive script in all this.

    ReplyDelete