Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Off to Texas


I decided to post Drew in his Texas blanket to commerate my trip to Texas.
I fly out day after tomorrow into Austin, Texas. I'm excited.
Never having been to Texas, I don't know what to say...
I know tornados whip through Texas.
Fires are burning out of control.
There are miles of open spaces.
Jason lives close to a wild-life ranch
where animals from Africa roam.
I want to see those.
They jet-ski in Texas.
Addie said she steered the jet-ski.
Where, I don't know.
They roller skate at the rink.
The school has the long-horn steer on T-shirts.
I remember the Alamo and the American heros holding
off the Mexican Army and died there.
I am going to take pictures in Texas
and let you know what I learned.
I wonder if we can all go line-dancing in Texas...
kids and all?

2 comments:

  1. I expect you to be Texafied when you return. I always wanted to go down where the blue bonnets grow. Other than that there is enough mesquite and cactus here in Arizona to do me. Be sure to call when you can and I will return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Texas and maybe you will pass one of my daughters on the streets of Austin. Hook Em Horns and have fun.

    ReplyDelete