Saturday, March 26, 2011

My sister, Marge



I am still in shock from the death of my sister, Marge.
The family asked me to talk..her eulogy...her early life
and I've written. I've torn up. And written.
trying to get the facts just right..trying to remember
what made Marge laugh. She picked up all kinds of humor.
She loved facts...could you prove what you said?
She wanted to be a journalist.
Her first book publishing
came when Aunt Nethella gave her the book
she and Aunt ONeta wrote
telling her she could publish...or not.
She made sure the King book was published.
Mother worried her book for years.
Marge talked her into doing the School Teacher's Kids,
then made me help her figure out how to
end the book of Mother's Boulder years.
We got Mother's book about Hawaii
done and decided we needed to do the Clyde King Story.
We asked for people to contribute and fretted over what to say.
We made mistakes...ohhh groan...and more.
So many that we were trying to correct if
anyone decided on a second printing.
Marge thought we hadn't given Clyde enough praise
for his accomplishments in life...how to do that?
We'll just add more information.
What do you want to say.
"Give facts about his selling, his making money."
In the meantime
She was to write her book. Me mine.
We needed to get her facts from the journal.
Get my facts down. FACTS!
We had such a great time deciding what to do.
How to get our own story told.
Marge was going to publish the facts in her story.
She copied a thousand letters. Her story was
told in letters, but where were the onces she wrote?
Oh. I had a few.
Now she is gone...well, I'll just turn her book
over to her kids, Cheryl, Raymond, Dan
Anyone she tried to hire to help,
and mine to my kids. What more can we ask?
Let us hope they get the facts straight!
Especially hers.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we were writing about Margie at the same time. I love this photo of her. Standing in front of this great picture. Very nice. I put the link to your blog in my story. Yes, you and Margie did a lot of projects together. Great stuff. I hope you have still got a project to occupy your mind! You will miss your writing partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this entry Ann. It is a great tribute to Margie as it calls up visions of you and she working and laughing together. These were great accomplishments, but her many others come to mind first.It will be very hard for you to talk at her memorial, but you will do it best. May your heart be healed from this huge loss.

    ReplyDelete