Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grandma King's House

I was startled to see
this picture of the
painting LaRae did
of the old King house
emmersed in white light.
She was there on
the historical walk
with the Boulder Festival
insisting I know it.
I knew
family past and present
joined us
linking our spirits
to move us toward
understanding
each other and them.
Joy lurked amid
sorrow for rash acts
and early death.
LaRae
painted in white light
the way
for us all.
A painting
within a painting
the creative
wonderland
that awaits.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful picture and it makes a nice heading for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A photographer might explain the white light as this and that, but the point is, this was a time when LaRae's spirit would have been there, and to have the manifestation of light on top of the 'spirit' house was nothing short of a 'sign' to me, a message, "I am here." Nice gift to you.

    ReplyDelete