Wednesday, September 30, 2009

FALL

In the fall of our lives,
I wonder if we, too, burn brightly
before we fade.

The tree drops its leaves
and waits through winter
to renew once more, come spring.

We, first small grow and are nourished
create and give to the world
nourish others
then fade and are gone.

I hope, in the final fading..
we burst forth with color
feel joy for our lives
delight in our creations
and touch hearts once more.

In the meantime
I love the changing seasons
and renew myself
each passing year.

2 comments:

  1. I put one comment on here but it did not stay for some reason. I am glad you are tending to fall, I said. I just watched Connie's view from her front yard in northern Ohio on Youtube. It was glorious. She doesn't have to go anywhere to be surrounded by beauty. I am afraid I can't get to any signs of fall that easy. Well, a little chill this morning, that will have to do. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you managed to get lots of pictures. I love Utah in the fall. Lucinda and I had luch and she was telling me how beautiful Colorado is. A friend talked about Minnasota, and it's great fall beauty. It does make one a bit nostolgic, but just think, we will soon have many brightly colored flowers. We have to work to get them in just at the right time and perfect soil and water. Most years mine are good but I have had to learn a whole new way.

    ReplyDelete