Wednesday, September 16, 2009

TIED QUILTS

I love making a quilt
putting it together
creating a design
from scraps or
material specially bought.
Tying, tying, tying.

I have quilted, yes
and my respect for the
real quilters of the
world grows
when I look on
one-inch square
pieces or mosiacs
beyond belief.
I bow to those
quilters...

and go on enjoying
what I do.
putting something
together new.
my daughter did
this M in high school
thirty years ago.
I finished it
thinking she could
be warm camping.

I am thinking now
of cartoons and
quilts for my
grandkids
pictures
using new technology
and all the possiblilities
used today.

Sending off
coverings of love
once more.

4 comments:

  1. Ann, you would not believe this, I started thinking so strong that you should do an entry on your quilting that I planned as soon as possible to take a photo of the anniversary quilt I still use on my bed in the winter and send it to you! I am going to direct Kelli to your blog, who is the blog quilter. She even makes pet quilts, but her most touching quilt making is for the soldier boys who are going to war. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to post the 9/11 quilt that came to Panguitch. You do need to take a picture of your quilt and mail. I was thinking I ought to have everyone send pictures of the quilts I've made.
    I use Microsoft Office to put the pictures together..the program I've used for my book.
    You can get them smaller there, then I put them together and run off a copy and reprint like you do pictures. How do you get the little ones on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must take good spacial skills as well as creativity to be a great quilt maker. I was very surprised to hear Kelli is a quilt maker. I think it is very unusual for one so young. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that one is Kelly Anne, this one is a blogger named Kelli Nelson, and her blog is Thoughts of a Sober White Women, and she is always displaying her quilts. She is also the ecco Mom I talk about who cleans up litter from the beach and figures out how to recycle and even makes her own soap. Gerry

    ReplyDelete