Sunday, November 8, 2009

BRIGADOON

I went to see this musical
put on by high school students
and my granddaughter.
She had a backup part,
smiled like she was having a ball
and sang her heart out.
I was surprised to find
I loved this story of Brigadoon,
a town that, when it appears the
next day to them, it is 100 years
later. Each day is 100 years apart.
People can stay only if they love enough.
The story is of two young lovers,
one from the modern world,
the other born in the 1700's
and how they fell enough in love to
be with one another.
It is a magical play
set in Scotland and filled
with bagpipes and Scottish flings,
a bit of a brouge,
and wonderful singing.
Very well done for a high school
performance.
I loved seeing Shayna moving
through her part.
It wasn't long ago that I
saw a tv special explaining
how an opera works...
How the parts are written
and parts are won because
you can sing sophrano, alto,
tenor or baritone.
Shayna is a Junior now
so in another year will be
moving on...
I hope she gathers all the
experiences she can that she does
just for the fun of it.

2 comments:

  1. A nice rememberance poem for a significant event in Shayna's life I am sure. Glad you were able to see it and that you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Shayna is a talented girl. It sounds like you enjoyed the play as well as seeing your grand daughter perform. How nice that you can attend their events. You will always be a jewel in their lives.

    ReplyDelete