Thursday, November 26, 2009

MIRRORED TURKEY

I am a mirrored turkey,
Part here. Part not.
Sometimes a splendid grandma,
Or not.
My children have flown the coop
and left me tottering along
I think of their dear little faces...
their dear grown up faces
so responsible
and caring so well
for my grandchildren.
So from Grandma's House
(not filled with cakes and pies)
I reach out from
my real self...
The REAL TURKEY
gobbling all about love
and wonderful family
here with Tom Turkey
doing the same.
The mirrored one?
Are we both part real?
OR...
A couple of turkeys
HANGING OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Ann, I got a kick out of this poem. It is very original and the picture was well----just picture perfect to fit the occasion. Sounds like you had an unusual Thanksgiving with all the kidlets off to various parts of the country. Hope it was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like LaRena, thought this was a really original poem inspired by a perfect photo. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete