Friday, August 20, 2010

Muhammad

I knew little to nothing about Muhammad or the Muslim religion.
I chose this book by Robert Spencer to learn more.
I think he did an excellent job of making clear what Muhammad taught
as well as the impact of the religion that opposed both Jews and Christians.
I think he covered major differences and cleared up to me just what
and why the muslims can be extremists and move toward Jihad.
I do not know how to counter that extreme thinking that would be my death
in certain circumstances. I don't understand those that would kill me because
of my religion because I am not Muslim. Robert Spencer thinks we should
at least know what Muhammad taught and why his is the most intolerant religion.
I don't know what I can do, but I am listening.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a library book? I think we should try to understand these people in order to figure out how to handle them. That is the main thing a book does for you is just teach you more about something you are not familiar with. And educate you in the most entertaining way possible. Nothing like a well written book to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this was from the library. You could probably find it there.

    ReplyDelete