Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sunflowers



Sunflowers next to the post office in Panguitch
caught my eye..and this one pouring cement at Houston's old house.
Brady (Frank's son) bought it and tore half away.
People remodel, come home, move away..and I wonder
if I want to lift loads of stuff and move
or let someone else have to do it...someday.
Will anyone treasure our treasures?
Moving one load was work all day.
Times change.
People try something new.
We all may die and change everything!
Until then life is a challenge to find interesting
items everywhere.
I could maybe buy my old house in Boulder..
Wouldn't that be a horror to try to fix?
Or Tom's house in Escalante...a single woman lives there
that might be easier if she wanted to sell.
Or we could move to St. George and be hot in the summer
Or move to Central and buy that old house.
Why has all our old houses fallen into such disrepair?
Mother's Old Rock House is perfectly restored!
So I'm glad someone who loves old treasures
bought it. So I sit and ponder.
I have a new roof and new sewer system.
More years can slip by.
Panguitch hasn't bothered me too much.
I haven't bothered her.
We keep our places.
Don't rattle the cages of the tiger!
My work is where ever I go.
Tom is not standing straight
since we took one load to the dump.
More? We might spend our time in hospitals
instead of Panguitch. We might anyway.
So...I am enjoying the sunflowers.
Interested in the building.
Visit who I can.

1 comment:

  1. Sums up the state of the old quite well. I am sure you are pondering moving and probably getting so tired just thinking about all your stuff, you decide to stay put and just travel to a warmer place now and then come winter. But you got to be tough to winter in Panguitch!

    ReplyDelete