Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Boundless


This is a dance concert I attended at Tuacahn High School put on by the dances, including my grand daughter. I was very impressed. Tuacahn is an Arts school that has no sports program as they do only music, dance, and performances. The soloist that performed plans to attend Juliard. She was exceptional.
I was amazed at my granddaughter's training as I seldom get to her performances. She prefers family stay away as they makes her nervous, she claims. I was happy that her other grandmother and cousins came too. My sister came with me. I told her that anything I find out about that is open to the public, I might sneak in.
She did greet us all after the performance.
It is impressive to see so many students in a dance concert and have it done so well. They work very hard..most in eight or nine numbers as well as choreograph
their own. They don't allow pictures. I was hoping they might do a dvd for parents to own. That would be fun. I would buy one. When students really want to be performers, where could they find a better school than Tuacahn? I know Alica has had lessons for years and it shows. So many of the student dances are obviously also well trained. I came away from the concert thinking that Bouldless was a great name for the show, wishing I was closer and could be a better part of her life.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this concert meant just as much to you as seeing Shayna sing with her group. You always got time for your grandchildren! I am so glad that Alicia is doing well.

    ReplyDelete