Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting

Above is my stick santa hidden in my
ten-year-old-at-least fake poinsetta,
waiting for Christmas.
My youngest son and family will be on
the road from Texas today, and I will
worry until they get here.
My younger daughter and older son live
near St. George where the Virgin and Santa Clara
rivers are close to overflowing the banks
and with more inches of rain on top of the
fifteen they have now may overflow and erode.
Dams are threatning to break...6 or 7 houses
have washed away in Littlefield, so today
I'll wait to find out if the rainstorms are
too much. They plan to travel here on
Christmas Day. Both have homes away from
the river, but they have helped others with
sandbags yesterday. It looks like a rainey day
out my window.
My sister Gerry's granddaughter went into surgery.
We don't quite know why, but she is waiting to hear.
There have been so many deaths from accidents
in the storms..snow north, rain south...
I am waiting for people to slow down and avoid wrecks.
I think of all those people in Europe waiting at
the airports to get home...many won't and
they will wait out the storms.
We are all waiting for Santa!
That's a plus. I can't wait for Sanda
to come for grandkids because they
can't wait! For today...we are all waiting.
And you, also waiting, in Washington
drive carefully on the roads. Keep safe.
We will enjoy what comes.

1 comment:

  1. I have to note that very good photo of Christmas. Well, if all that rain is hitting all around us, it will surely get to us eventually. The sky is overcast today, so maybe soon. I hope the travelers arrive safely. I am going to blog about Laura Lynne. As nothing else is on my mind quite like that with the severity of her circumstances. I just hope the storms move on before they do too much damage, and I will be your grands from Texas now are looking forward to a visit to Grandma Ann's house!

    ReplyDelete