Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Future


December Sunrise outside my door.
As I grow older there are more of those
breathtaking moments, there and gone.
This is one of changing color.
Christmas Future sees me sometimes
on the road, sometimes not.
I plan to stick around for more,
but then one day I will move on
into the sunset set here, sunrise there..
and greet others gone before,
I comtemplate the value of my days.
Did I do enough?
Linda talks of the homeless
not being her; not me either,
so how do we balance our great wealth,
our comfort, our ease?
What should we being doing
for the greater good as we move
forward? We are where we are,
so what now?
How do we take bold steps.
Finish what was started.
Make what we do worth the effort.
And brighten each Christmas Future
as we leave behind our legacy.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise,beautiful poem. You are treasuring the breath taking moments. That will be part of your legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we aging crowd all have thoughts like these, which accompanied by a beautiful Utah sun rise, have a poignancy here, and a feeling of the eternal cycle of life, birth, living, and death. Trying to make our last years count because we know we only have so much time now, the clock is ticking away...

    ReplyDelete