Monday, December 20, 2010

Great Comfort

We live our lives in comfort.
The electricity goes out and there is
no heat, no stove, no coffee pot, no
toaster, no vacuum, no can opener, no
washer or dryer, no tv, no COMPUTER so
FB is lost, Family site is gone,
blogging is out. I have a pen and paper.
I have a book. I have myself.
but so much that makes me comfotable is gone.
I am cold. I do have a fireplace, but
haven't stacked wood. I am unprepared
to go back to life as a pioneer.
The electricity came back on and
comfort seeps. Someone had to tromp
through the snow to work for me.

I watched on 60 Minutes how our states and
counties, along with our government, are going broke
and think of all we have...schools, teachers,
buses, roads, forests, fish, game, hospitals and
medical personel, care centers, health clinics,
so many things paid or subsidized by our taxes.
We expect much and expect people to run our
government and money well. We expect honesty.
We expect hard work. We expect people with principles
to do the best they can. We aren't careful ourselves.
Spend freely. We don't keep tabs on others.
We want to do what we want to do. And when
those in government do what we do, we scream
and wonder why?? They had opportunity.
So now can we all tighten our belts
and pay as we go? Ouch, that hurts.
But do we want to be without electricty?
I don't. I know how that feels.

1 comment: