Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Imagination Heaven

Gerry and Doc inspired my blog today and
as sit-down comics made me laugh.
So, as I look at the rubble in Japan
caused by the tsumani...
and worry about the radiation leaks
spilling from five reactors...
I will try to think of all those
hurricane victims in Imagination Heaven...
returning to their homes and well-ordered lives
for a bit before they fly like non-earth bound ninjas
or reach for an orchid or smell the fish cooking
(I get a kick out of that father that keeps wanting
to eat all the foods he remembered in China on
The Amazing Race.)
As Gerry visits all the great intellectuals
of the ages to see if she can hold her own, I
will check out what kind of lives their kids led.
I want to know how much profound thought filters down
and is valued through the ages.
Is it immediately important?
Is it immediately valued?
Where will I go?
Will my imagination propel me into mysteries I have
never known? Hardly understand?
Into mysteries of Science? Of Space? Of Time? Of Religion.
I just want to open up wide beyond imagining
Into fantasy, into reality, into beyond...
To go where I have never gone (I needed to steal that line.)
I am off to Imagination Heaven.
To be what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment