Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recovery


My operation is over.
My blood drain in place.
Just wanted to show you a bit of discomfort.
One can't have an operation...my thyroid was removed
without something to show for it...
except it's gone now.
Removed this very day.
And I am on the mend
looking forward to a new day.
I am waiting to hear the path report.
I am waiting to hear how the body works.
without a thyroid. I hear it works just fine.
If anyone's can, mine will.
It is used to working without parts.
I will expect it to do whatever's necessary.
I have to admire the way it keeps moving.
The way it keeps doing what needs to be done.
And keeps me going...
to enjoy life once again.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that is a realistic look at what has been done. You look a little the worse for wear in this picture! I am glad to hear no cancer, and fast growing nodules source has been removed if it is a concern to the doctor! Others seems to have done all right without as long as pills to replace thyroid are taken regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look a little rugged. So glad to hear there is no cancer. I hope you recover for the surgery and traveling with Tom's emergency the day after. That couldn't have been good for a recovering patient. Time to get back to work. I have been slacking off and mine is just teeth.

    ReplyDelete