Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life of Pi

I kept thinking I'd read this book, but seeing it at the library decided to check to see if I actually had as I knew people who loved it. I had not read it and was amazed at the story. I loved the fact that the main character was named after
the best swimming pool in his country, that he became a worshiper of Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam..all at the same time having certain days of the week for
each and worked out in his mind how each one was the religion for him, and was raised in a zoo. But could any of it prepare a sixteen year old boys to cross an ocean in a life boat with a Bengal Tiger? What a marvelous, riveting tale written by Yann Martel.
I recommend it to everyone, especially boys sixteen.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I should order for my Kindle. I love getting this sort of recommendation, as I have to buy all my books nowadays. Thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book because it was so unlike anything else I have read. Camille gave me his next book for Christmas. I'll pass that one on when I've finished it.

    ReplyDelete