Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Let's Drive."



I drove to Boulder to work on my book with my neice and stopped to see the
two paintings at the new rest/information stop past the Escalante Cemetery
done by Lynn Griffin...which I found OUTSTANDING. These will certainly commerate the Hole-in-the-Rock story. The dedication of this spot is planned for Memorial Day at which time they'll do the Hole-in-the-Rock play, as well as other events.
Hey people, these paintings are worth the drive to see.
I am still working on my book about the Grand-Staircase Escalante National Monument. I was trying to finish it up so we could get some frist drafts done to check for errors. I also wanted a picture of the Circle Cliffs from the mountain.
I tried to add it here, but it is back on top. Oh dear. I wish I'd taken a picture of the Ponderosa Pine trees that have had their limbs snapped this winter. Limbs look like they'd been shot off by Old Man Winter and are laying in clumps at the bottom. What happened there?
My book is gradually coming together. It needs to be done. I changed the name to "Let's Drive" as it tours around and through the monument. I'm hoping that people will read and then say, "Hey family, let's go for a ride in the Grand-Staircase canyons."

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love these paintings. They certainly complement the photo of the Hole in the Rock today that Cheryl posted on Facebook. The photo you took of the Circle Cliffs is very good. I am really looking forward to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those painting of Lynn's. He really gets the detail. I need to go to the HOLE IN THE ROCK.. I have never been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vooman, yes you have when we were little. Can't you remember the Centennial? But you need to go again. We need to go.

    ReplyDelete