Saturday, February 12, 2011

My side

My family is in a 'blog fight' each putting out
their side to the family story for each other ---
and the world. My sister Gerry is writing her memoirs
and bringing out every family problem known to man as she
sees it in hers, and mine, and my sisters' lives.
She is currently trying to get the friend, who is all
our friend for years, off the family site for an affair
with our cousin, never discussed at least by her (the friend),
that supposedly happened years ago...or went on longer than we know.
I can only tell this friend right now that she'd better start
blogging and tell her side of the story...off the family site...
as we are not allowed there to discuss 'old fights',
if she feels she is getting unfair treatment. We can only
tell the world. She is 80+, still young enough to fight.
She did the 'right thing' and got her divorce, so she could
live the way she wanted. My cousin didn't.
Which comes to me. I had my 50th Anniversay this year.
My cousin will soon have his. We have been in this marriage thing
for years. I understand married wives...I lived with a truck
driver who was gone weeks at a time. Who knows what happens on the road?
I have been called door-mat, passive, non-fighter, too-sweet, and other
non-flattering terms, which are true by the way. You can't live with
a man 50 years and not be walked on at times...although you try to walk on too.
My truckdriver is not rich. My cousin is. Both are charming.
I don't step and neither did my cousin's wife. We are ANGELS.
That gives us power of a different kind. What exactly, I can't say.
I just want the world to know that I am ready to defend
all wives of stepping men. That is my side. It's not easy
to be the loving wife and snarling might happen (Or pouting,
bawling, sneering, sniffing, and sheer boredom.), but it comes with
the territory.
We are the Water Lillies!

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed you have risen to the occasion and written a very interesting poem on the subject of blog fighting and presented your side as an angel wife very well. You have been inspired to new heights or maybe some would say new lows, but family feuds are always a challenge to a poet family member. As our other sister poet has risen to the occasion with a poem about being foreclosed on but not quite and hounded by debtors she has imprudently let into her inner sanctum. And must now try to keep from being hounded to death for money when she has no money. Great stuff! I just did a new video on my subject. I don't do poems, I do videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Tammy Wynett said it best, "Stand by your man...give him all the love you can." and she left him.

    ReplyDelete