Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tribute to Modern Medicine


I'm very glad for modern medicine for keeping my grand-daughter alive!
She is only 12 (13 this month) and has had a very rough time in the last months with pain in her stomach. After tests of all kinds, they determined the gall bladder wasn't working and operated only to find the appendix eight inches long and very, very swollen - doctors were surprised it hadn't burst. No one suspected
this was the problem in one so young...and with some history of problems since birth.
Of course, we need to wait and see how she recovers, but I think her life has been saved. And I am grateful. This is my girl Logan who,I feel, has a lifetime of
giving to do. She wants to be a nurse for newborns. She is remarkably kind. Her future is as bright as her red hair! I love her much.

2 comments:

  1. wishing your granddaughter the best. She is a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the brave little thing is feeling better. And the gas bubble passed. I have been feeling somewhat concerned because you had not surfaced in my world today. I am hoping Logan is all right or someone else is not having a crisis!

    ReplyDelete